Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies

OK. I have the EASIEST EVER peanut butter cookie recipe. 3 ingredients. Yeah that's it!! 3! (Are any of those even really sentences?) Best cookies ever and they make a perfect amount, not too many and not too few (unless you are like my girlfriend who has 21 12 children! But still everyone would get at least one... It makes 21ish cookies depending on your judge of an 1 inch ball. (Ok so I'm a grammar nerd. But "a 1 inch ball" sounds better than "an 1 inch ball" all though technically since it's a number under 100 I'm supposed to type it out...) Wow that's a long ramble for a parenthesis.

I Digress

Picture:
Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup Peanut Butter (creamy)
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Place all three ingredients in a bowl. Mix all three ingredients with your hand!!!!  Very important, they will not turn out if you use a spoon or a mixer or a fork....I am telling you use your hand! And keep mixing until you get a "good cookie consistency." Roll into 1" balls and place on your cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between, these cookies don't spread too much. once you've got all the balls on the sheet :) create hash marks with a fork. Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes. Remove from pan when cool(er) and enjoy. Yeild: 24 cookies (depending on your 1 inch judgement)

I make these for lunches. Because with only 3 people in the house they last about 2 days (just enough time for you to want a different variety). And they are cheap. I mean 3 ingredients. So let me do some math really quickly....

1 c sugar $0.22
1 c peanut butter $.21
1 egg $0.13

So for $0.56 I have fresh homemade peanut butter cookies with no preservatives and I know what's in them.  Yes I know refined sugars...(I'm working on that!) and I also know that the peanut butter is also not homemade. But the egg was... so there!


No comments: